Permatex Super Glue
This formulation was specially designed for a faster, long-lasting bond. It is easily applied and works on nonporous materials including metal, plastics, rubber, vinyl, paper, wood, and textiles. Permanent, transparent bond fills gaps to .004”
Suggested Applications: Automotive trim, logos, knobs, gear shift logos, minor interior repairs.
Suggested Applications: Emblems
Suggested Applications: Suggested Applications:
Trim, logos, knobs, gear shift logos, minor interior repairs; metal, plastics, rubber, leather, vinyl, paper, wood, textiles, cork gaskets
Permatex Super Glue is a one-component, solvent-free, low
viscosity instant adhesive based on cyanoacrylate resin. It is
fast setting and cures at room temperature.
• Ready to use
• No mixing
• Sets in seconds
• Permanent, transparent bond
• Fills gaps to .004”
• Adheres metals, alloys, plastics, vinyl, rubber and
Bonding of plastics, metals and rubber.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Both surfaces must be smooth, clean, dry and free of oil,
2. USE EXTREME CARE WHEN OPENING. Hold bottle
upright, pointing away from face. Remove nozzle.
3. Apply adhesive to one surface, about one drop per
square inch. Spread evenly.
4. Immediately place the second surface in contact with
the first surface and press together.
5. Keep light pressure on surfaces for 15 seconds or until
6. Allow to completely harden, for best results, overnight.
NOTE: Not suitable for untreated polyethylene or
Bond durability is affected by surface conditions, bond areas,
service temperature, environment and stress. Each
application must be evaluated individually. Moisture and
temperature resistance are dependent upon the surfaces
1. To remove Super Glue, use Super Glue Remover,
acetone or nail polish remover that contains acetone.
2. To remove from hard surfaces, saturate a soft cloth or
paper towel with the acetone and allow to rest on the
spot for about 10 – 15 minutes.
After the Super Glue is removed, a white or light colored
spot may be left which is easily removed by applying
mineral oil or olive oil to the spot to restore the color.
3. Clean hands with acetone then use Permatex brand
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Permatex Super Glue cures on exposure to moisture. Fixture
time is defined as the number of seconds after assembly when
a joint develops a tensile shear strength of 14 PSI (0.1N/mm2
)22C, 50% relative humidity according to ASTM D1002.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex Super Glue Tds|