Permatex Cold Weld Bonding Compound – 56g
A 15-minute, two-part adhesive and filler system that eliminates the need for welding or brazing. It repairs, fills and bonds to iron, steel, brass, bronze, aluminum and copper. Once cured, it can be drilled, tapped, threaded, filed, sanded and painted. Resists most automotive, shop and cleaning fluids. Withstands temperatures to 300°F intermittent. Over 3,000 PSI shear strength on steel.
Permatex Cold Weld Bonding Compound is a general purpose
two-part, fast curing, high strength, metal-filled epoxy that can
be drilled, threaded, and machined once fully cured. It repairs,
fills and bonds to iron, steel, brass, bronze, aluminum, and
copper and it is resistant to most shop fluids including fuels, oil,
water, and solvents.
• No heating required
• Holds in 10 minutes
• Useable in 30 minutes
• Good moisture resistance
• Withstands extreme temperatures
• Cracked transmission cases
• Chipped heads
• Rear end castings
• Cracked blocks
• Cracked intake manifolds
• Damaged keyways
• Split stampings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Before starting, make sure your work area is protected
from accidental spills. Surfaces must be clean, dry and
free of grease and oil.
2. Roughen smooth surfaces to be repaired with
3. Apply in ventilated area. Vapors may irritate eyes and
4. Squeeze out equal amounts of bonding agent and
5. Mix together thoroughly until color is uniform.
6. Apply immediately to both surfaces and press together.
Remove excess glue at once.
7. Allow bond to set for 10 minutes before moving or
8. After 24 hours, typical shear strength on steel is 3000
9. Cure time will be slower in colder weather.
1. Cleanup must be completed before curing is complete.
Use acetone or mineral spirits for cleanup.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange hand