Permatex Fast Cure Epoxy
Convenient premeasured epoxy mixer cups contain resin and hardener in one convenient package. No guess, no mess, no waste. Ideal for bonding glass, hard plastics, rubber and metal. Bonds in 5-15 minutes, useable in 30 minutes. Grey adhesive has excellent chemical resistance. Fills porosities and can be used to build up worn parts. May be drilled, tapped, sanded, or machined and painted after cure.
Permatex Fast Cure 5 Minute Epoxy mixer cups contain both
resin and hardener in one convenient package that eliminates
measuring and weighing. The two components are color coded
to assure complete mixing. No mess, no guess, no waste. Fast
Cure 5 Minute Epoxy is ideal for bonding glass, most hard
plastics, and metal. NOTE: Fast Cure 5 Minute Epoxy will
not bond polyethylene and polypropylene plastics.
• Pre-measured resin and hardener for easy application
• Consistent strength and time savings
• Holds in 8 – 10 minutes
• Useable in 30 minutes
• Good moisture resistance
• May be drilled, tapped, sanded or machined and painted
• Fills gaps and bonds trim
• Casting cracks and holes
• Auto trim and ornaments
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Before starting, make sure your work area is protected
from accidental spills. Surfaces must be clean, dry and
free of grease and oil.
2. Roughen smooth surfaces to be repaired with
3. Remove protective film from cup.
4. Using one of the mixer sticks provided, push down the
center of the kit to form mixer cup.
5. Scrape all of the epoxy hardener and resin into the
bottom of the cup and mix thoroughly until a uniform
grey color is achieved (approximately one minute;
working time is 4-6 minutes).
6. Use mixing stick to apply epoxy to bonding area.
7. Press surfaces together until set – product will set up in
8 to 10 minutes.
8. While epoxy is still tacky, the excess can be removed
with paint remover or mineral spirits.
9. Parts will fixture in 8 to 10 minutes; full cure is achieved
in 24 hours.
1. Cleanup must be completed before curing is complete.
Use acetone or mineral spirits for cleanup.
2. Clean hands with Permatex brand hand cleaners.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Permatex Fast Cure 5 Minute Epoxy has a working time of 4
to 6 minutes, fixture time of 8 to 10 minutes with a full cure in 24
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL RESISTANCE
Temperature Resistance Typical Values
Continuous, F (C) Maximum -65 (-54) to 180 (82)
Intermittent, F (C) Maximum -65 (-54) to 200 (93)
Final Color Gray
Shear Strength (ASTM D 1002) 2000 psi
Chemical / Solvent Resistance
The product retains effective properties when in contact with
water, oil, fuels, and most solvents.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
an adhesive for chlorine or other strong oxidizing
|Permatex Fast Cure Epoxy Tds|