Permatex Automatic Transmission RTV Gasket Maker
OEM specified. Developed with U.S. automotive OEMs and complies with extended warranty requirements. It resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Benefits include improved transmission oil resistance, good adhesion while retaining flexibility, sensor-safe, noncorrosive and can be used as a gasket maker or dressing. Nonflammable, nontoxic, low odor.
Suggested Applications: Automatic transmission pans, case halves, and side covers.
Permatex Automatic Transmission RTV Sealant is a single
component, room temperature, vulcanizing, gasketing
compound designed to provide reliable “formed-in-place”
gaskets for mechanical assemblies. This material cures on
exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible,
silicone rubber gasket. The product resists aging, weathering
and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking.
Designed in conjunction with major US automotive OEM’s and
complies with extended warranty requirements. OEM
• Improved transmission oil resistance
• Sensor safe, non-corrosive
• Good adhesion and flexibility
• Replaces most cut gaskets
• Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
• Non-flammable, Non-toxic
• Low odor
• Specially designed and formulated for automatic
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as a form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Gasket Remover is recommended for most
materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16” to 1/4” in
diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one
surface, first tracing the internal areas of the gasket
configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown
6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
7. Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep
out the sides of the flange.
8. Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at least
one quarter to one half turn.
9. For best results, allow to cure overnight.
For assembly as a gasket dressing
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as in previous section.
2. Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
3. Place the pre-cut gasket onto silicone film.
4. Apply a second thin film to pre-cut gasket surface.
5. Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately.
Note: Product is not recommended for use as a cylinder
head gasket or head gasket sealant.
Storage of Unused Product
1. Create a “Silicone Plug” by allowing excess material to
extend beyond the extension nozzle or aerosol tip to
cure, sealing and protecting the remaining product from
moisture. For reuse, simply remove the cured product
from the tip.
1. Remove uncured product from parts and hand-tools with
Permatex Fast Orange® Wipes or Fast Orange® Hand
Cleaners. If skinned over, break film with a dry cloth to
remove as much as possible. Remove the remaining
material with Permatex Gasket Remover.
2. Clean hands with a dry cloth or Permatex® Fast
Orange Hand Cleaner.
|Permatex Automatic Transmission RTV Gasket Maker Tds|