Permatex High Temperature Anaerobic Flange Sealant
A high temperature sealant specially engineered for making or dressing gaskets in rigid assemblies. Able to withstand temperatures to 400°F (204°C), fills gaps up to 0.020” (primed) and permits clamping loads to be maintained for strong, leakproof assemblies.
Suggested Applications: Water pumps, thermostat housings, engine cases, timing covers, transmission pans, transmission case covers, and transaxle casings.
Permatex High Temperature Anaerobic Flange Sealant is a
high temperature sealant specifically engineered for making in
rigid assemblies. It is able to withstand temperatures up to
400F (204C) and fills gaps up to 0.020” (primed) and permits
clamping loads to be maintained for strong, leak-proof
• Seals all surface imperfections
• Seals most common automotive fluids
• No cracking or shrinking during cure
• Eliminates costly retorquing operations
• Single component system
• Non-corrosive to metal parts
Seals close fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges.
Particularly suited where maximum temperature and chemical
resistance is required.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Surfaces to be sealed should be free of grease, oil and
dirt. Use Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner to remove
oil. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove old
2. Apply manually to one side of flange, making sure a
continuous bead is applied.
3. Reassemble parts. Flanges should be tightened as soon
as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
4. Torque to normal specifications.
5. Parts may be returned to service in one hour.
1. Wipe off excess material with a clean cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange® hand cleaner
or soap and water.
1. For smaller assembled parts, heat part to 400F to
2. Use cautious, light prying or tapping motion to loosen the
parts. Repeat heating/prying sequence as needed.
3. For larger assembled parts use prying/cleaving tools in
combination with a light hammer and cautiously tap and
pry the sides of the part to break the gasketed surfaces
4. Once parts are disassembled, allow all surfaces to cool
to room temperature.
5. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove dried
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Cure Speed vs. Substrate
The rate of cure will depend on the substrate used. The graph
below shows the shear strength developed with time on grit
blasted steel lap shears compared to different materials and
tested according to ASTM D 1002.
Cure Speed vs. Activator
Where cure speed is unacceptably long, or large gaps are
present, applying activator to the surface will improve cure
speed. The graph below shows the shear strength developed
with time using Surface Prep Activator on grit blasted steel lap
shears and tested according to ASTM D 1002.
|Permatex High Temperature Anaerobic Flange Sealant Tds|