Permatex Ultra Copper Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone Gasket Maker
OEM specified. For high operating temperatures common in 4-cylinder, turbocharged or high-performance engines. The most advanced, high temp RTV silicone gasket available. Sensor-safe, low odor, noncorrosive. Superior adhesion. Three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones; eight times more flexible than cut gaskets. Temperature range -65°F to 700°F (-54°C to 371°C) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids and vibration.
Suggested Applications: Exhaust manifolds/headers, turbo charger applications, and slip-fit exhaust parts.
Suggested Applications: Exhaust header flanges, slip fit exhaust pipes, and muffler end caps
Suggested Applications: Exhaust manifolds/headers, valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, water pumps, exhaust tubes
Permatex Ultra Copper is a single component, room
temperature vulcanizing gasketing compound designed to
provide reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets for mechanical
assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the
air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The
product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without
hardening, shrinking or cracking. Permatex Ultra Copper is
the most advanced high performance, high temperature (up to
700F intermittent) RTV gasket available.
• High temperature resistance
• Sensor safe, non-corrosive
• Superior adhesion and flexibility
• Replaces most cut gaskets
• Improved oil resistance
• Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
• Non-flammable, Non-toxic
• Low odor
• Exhaust manifolds/headers
• Valve covers
• Oil pans
• Thermostat housings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Silicone Stripper or Gasket Remover is
recommended for most materials.
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16 “ to 1/4 “ in
diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one
surface, first tracing the internal areas of the gasket
configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown
6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
Secure or tighten to recommended torque specs.
7. Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has
For assembly as a gasket dressing
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as in previous section.
2. Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
3. Place the pre-cut gasket onto silicone film.
4. Apply a second thin film to pre-cut gasket surface.
5. Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately.
Note: Product is not recommended for use as a cylinder
head gasket or head gasket sealant.
Instructions for PowerBead
1. Clean and dry all flange surfaces to be sealed.
2. Remove black cap from top of extension nozzle.
3. Turn nozzle extension one complete turn (360)
4. Depress finger trigger and apply a continuous 1/16 inch
to 1/8 inch PowerBead to one surface.
5. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
6. Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep
out the sides of the flange.
7. Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at least
one quarter to one half turn.
8. For best results, allow to cure overnight.
9. To close, turn extension nozzle clockwise until tight
(about one full turn). Wipe off excess material from
nozzle and replace black cap.
Storage of Unused Product
1. Create a “Silicone Plug” by allowing excess material to
extend beyond the extension nozzle or aerosol tip to
cure, sealing and protecting the remaining product from
moisture. For reuse, simply remove the cured product
from the tip.
2. For PowerBead dispensers, you may store remaining
product using either the above “silicone plug” method or
using the included plastic cap.
1. Remove uncured product from parts and hand-tools with
Permatex Fast Orange® Wipes or Fast Orange® Hand
Cleaners. If skinned over, break film with a dry cloth to
remove as much as possible. Remove the remaining
material with Permatex Gasket Remover.
2. Clean hands with a dry cloth or Permatex Fast
Orange Hand Cleaner.
|Permatex Ultra Copper Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone Gasket Maker Tds|