Permatex Ultra Grey Rigid High-Torque RTV Silicone Gasket Maker
OEM specified. Permatex® Ultra silicones were developed to meet todays technology changes. Sensor-safe, low odor, noncorrosive. Outstanding oil resistance and joint movement tolerance. Eight times more flexible than cork/composite gaskets; three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones. Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids and vibration.
Suggested Applications: Valve covers, oil pans, automatic transmission pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
Suggested Applications: Cover housing gasket, differential, assembly to rear axle housing, power dividers, axle shaft flanges
Permatex Ultra Gray Gasket Maker is a single component,
room temperature vulcanizing gasketing compound designed
to provide reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets for mechanical
assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the
air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The
product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without
hardening, shrinking or cracking. Designed to perform under
the higher load conditions of engines with closely spaced bolt
patterns (typically non-US designed), and maintains
outstanding oil, water-glycol resistance. OEM Specified.
• High load resistance
• Improved oil resistance
• Sensor safe, non-corrosive
• Replaces most cut gaskets
• Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
• Non-flammable, Non-toxic
• Low odor
• Valve covers
• Transmission pans
• Oil pans
• Timing gear covers
• Differential covers
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as a form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Gasket Remover or Silicone Stripper is
recommended for most materials.
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16“ to 1/4“ in
diameter. A 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one
surface, first tracing the internal areas of the gasket
configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown
6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
Secure or tighten to recommended torque specs.
7. Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has
For assembly as a gasket dressing
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as in previous section.
2. Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
3. Place the pre-cut gasket onto silicone film.
4. Apply a second thin film to pre-cut gasket surface.
5. Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately.
Note: Product is not recommended for use as a cylinder
head gasket or head gasket sealant.
Instructions for PowerBead
1. Clean and dry all flange surfaces to be sealed.
2. Remove black cap from top of extension nozzle.
3. Turn nozzle extension one complete turn (360)
4. Depress finger trigger and apply a continuous 1/16 inch
to 1/8 inch PowerBead to one surface.
5. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
6. Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep
out the sides of the flange.
7. Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at least
one quarter to one half turn.
8. For best results, allow to cure overnight.
9. To close, turn extension nozzle clockwise until tight
(about one full turn). Wipe off excess material from
nozzle and replace black cap.
|Permatex Ultra Grey Rigid High-Torque RTV Silicone Gasket Maker Tds|