Permatex ScrewGlu Locks
ScrewGlue™ secures and increases the holding power of metal nuts, bolts, and screws during assembly of everyday items around the home. Use ScrewGlue™ Locks on items inside and outside the home to ensure a tight connection that won’t loosen overtime due to vibration or frequent use. ScrewGlue™ also prevents weather-related corrosion of threads.
Use anywhere around the home where assembly is being done including:
- New Cabinet Hardware
- New Furniture Assembly
- Outdoor Play & Swing Sets
- BBQ Grill Assembly
- Outdoor Hardware
- Metal Shelving Assembly
- New Tool & Hardware Assembly
Permatex ScrewGlue is a medium strength, threadlocking
adhesive designed to lock screws, nuts, and bolts in place.
This product is a single component, anaerobic liquid that cures
when confined in the absence of air between close fitting
metal surfaces, ideal for all 6mm to 25mm (1/4 inch to 1 inch)
diameter threaded assemblies. Permatex® ScrewGlue excels
at sealing metal-to-metal threads for both interior and exterior
applications, due to the excellent chemical and temperature
resistance. The cured assembly is easily adjustable or
removable with hand tools.
• Forms lasting bond that resists heat, vibration, and
• Seals metal threads to prevent rust and leaks
• Increases holding power of screws, nuts, and bolts
• Cures without cracking or shrinking
• Adjusts or disassembles with hand tools
• Single component
• No mess squeeze tube applicator
• Low viscosity, yet resists dripping during assembly
• Will not cure outside threaded assembly for easy cleanup
• No torque compensation required during assembly
Prevents loosening and leakage of metal threaded fasteners.
Particularly suitable for metal screws and holes such as:
• Door knobs
• Cabinet handles
• Interior and exterior furniture
• TV and photo mounts
• Drywall anchors
• Kitchen utensils
• Pots and pans
• Lawnmowers and yard trimmers
• BBQ grills
• Kids toys
• Hunting and outdoor gear
• Sports equipment
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean all threads (bolt and hole) with a cleaning solvent
such as rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone)
and allow to dry.
2. Shake ScrewGlue thoroughly before use.
For Through Holes, apply 2-3 drops of ScrewGlue onto
the engagement area (usually 5-6 threads) of the screw or
For Blind Holes, apply by dripping several drops of
ScrewGlue onto the female threads of the hole. As
threads are engaged, compressed air forces the product
upwards into the threads.
4. Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque.
5. Wipe away any bleed-out or spills with a clean cloth and
small amount of cleaning solvent if necessary
1. Remove with standard hand tools.
2. In the rare instance where hand tools do not work,
because of excessive engagement length, apply localized
heat to nut or bolt to approximately 450F (232C).
3. Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove loose product from nut and bolt using a stiff wire
brush and cleaning solvent.
2. Apply Permatex Surface Prep Activator to all threads,
regardless of metal type and allow to dry.
3. Apply, assemble, and tighten as usual.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex ScrewGlu Locks Tds|