Permatex ScrewGlue Repair Gel
ScrewGlue™ Repair Gel restores the holding power of damaged or stripped screws, bolts and bolt holes that have been worn or weakened due to frequent use. The ScrewGlue non-drip, clinging formula secures joints that frequently loosen once and for all, eliminating the frustration of having to continuously retighten them. ScrewGlue also prevents weather-related corrosion of threads.
Use anywhere around the home including:
- Cabinet Knobs & Handles
- Loose Furniture Screws
- Pot Handles
- Hinge Screws
- Door Handles
- Sporting Equipment
Permatex® ScrewGlue Repair Gel is a medium strength,
threadlocking adhesive designed to restore stripped screws
and holes. This liquid product is a single component,
anaerobic gel that cures when confined in the absence of air
between close fitting metal surfaces, ideal for all 6mm to
25mm (1/4 inch to 1 inch) diameter threaded assemblies.
ScrewGlue Repair Gel excels at mending metal-to-metal
threads for both interior and exterior applications, due to the
excellent chemical and temperature resistance. The cured
assembly is easily adjustable or removable with hand tools.
• Revives worn screws and holes
• Restores and increases holding power
• Forms lasting bond that resists heat, vibration, and
• Seals metal threads to prevent rust and leaks
• Designed for use on vertical or hard-toreach applications
• Cures without cracking or shrinking
• Adjusts or disassembles with hand tools
• Single component
• No mess Gel Squeeze applicator
• Gel-type product does not drip when applied
• Will not cure outside threaded assembly for easy cleanup
• No torque compensation required during assembly
Restores holding power of worn metal threaded fasteners.
Particularly suitable for metal screws and holes such as:
• Door knobs
• Cabinet handles
• Interior and exterior furniture
• TV and photo mounts
• Drywall anchors
• Kitchen utensils
• Pots and pans
• Lawnmowers and yard trimmers
• BBQ grills
• Kids toys
• Hunting and outdoor gear
• Sports equipment
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean all threads (bolt and hole) with a cleaning solvent
such as rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone)
and allow to dry.
2. Remove cap and squeeze 1/8 to 1/4″ (3mm to 6mm) of
material beyond tip.
3. Apply gel within the engagement area (usually 5-6
threads) of the male fitting.
4. Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque.
5. Wipe away any bleed-out or spills with a clean cloth and
small amount of cleaning solvent if necessary.
1. Remove with standard hand tools.
2. In the rare instance where hand tools do not work,
because of excessive engagement length, apply localized
heat to nut or bolt to approximately 450F (232C).
3. Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove loose product from nut and bolt using a stiff wire
brush and cleaning solvent.
2. Apply Permatex® Surface Prep Activator to all threads,
regardless of metal type and allow to dry.
3. Apply threadlocker gel as above.
4. Assemble and tighten as usual.
|Permatex ScrewGlue Repair Gel Tds|