Permatex Plastic Tank Repair Kit
Complete kit contains everything required for making professional-quality permanent repairs in just minutes. State-of-the-art components and easy-to-follow instructions with photographs. Repairs all types of plastic tanks. The repair resin is designed to harden within 8 10 minutes and cures in 30 minutes. Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to 75°F (10°C to 24°C). Repairs cracks up to 4 inches in length and holes up to 3/8 inch in diameter. (THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR USE ON PLASTIC FUEL TANKS).
Suggested Applications: Ideal for cars, trucks, boats and RV’s; windshield washer reservoirs, radiator overflow tanks, coolant reservoirs, water tanks, and waste tanks.
Permatex Plastic Tank Repair Kit makes quick permanent
repairs to leaks in all types of plastic tanks (NOT for use on
plastic FUEL tanks). It repairs cracks up to 4” (10cm) long and
holes up to 3/8” (9mm) in diameter.
• Easy to use
• Everything required for repair is included
• Easy to follow instructions
• Fast curing
• Repairs can be made in 30 minutes
• Coolant reservoirs
• Water tanks
• Waste tanks
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
This product is NOT for use on plastic FUEL tanks. The repair
resin is designed to harden within 8 – 10 minutes and cures in
30 minutes. Read all directions before beginning repair.
Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to
75°F. Repairs made at lower temperatures will take longer to
1. Drain tank or reduce fluid level at least 2 inches below
2. Prepare damaged area by removing any oil, grease, tar
or dirt, etc. from the repair area. Sand the affected area
to at least 1 inch beyond the damage.
3. For cracks that may continue to expand, drill a small hole
at each end of the crack
4. Clean the area with alcohol swab. Cut the fiberglass
cloth to fit within the sanded area.
5. The resin must be mixed and applied in less than 8
minutes as the resin will begin to harden. Mix the resin
as follows: Burst the seam that separates the two
materials by applying pressure to one side. Knead the
contents of the pouch back and forth until the mixture is
of uniform color (mix for 2 minutes maximum).
6. Cut off the top of the pouch and dispense some of the
resin mixture onto the damaged area. Spread the resin
mixture in a uniform layer with the supplied brush onto
the area to be covered by the fiberglass. (Note: The
material will become warm to the touch.)
7. Place the fiberglass over the resin covered area. Spread
the remaining mixture over the fiberglass until it is
completely saturated. Taper the areas of the repair
beyond the fiberglass. Smooth the repaired area with the
Repair will be complete when the resin cures in 30
minutes. Tank may be refilled after 30 minutes or when
the repair is tack free.
1. Wipe off any uncured resin with a cloth.
2. Uncured resin may be cleaned up with a cloth saturated
3. Cured resin will have to be scraped off or chipped off.
4. Clean hands with alcohol for uncured resin. Cured resin
on hands will wear off.
5. Clean hands with Fast Orange hand cleaner provided.
There are no reviews yet.