Permatex Permanent Strength Threadlocker RED
OEM specified. A permanent, high strength product that is applied to fasteners 3/8″ to 1″ (10mm to 25mm) in size before assembly. Designed for securing parts that must withstand heavy shock, vibration, or extreme chemical or environmental conditions. Localized heating and hand tools are required to separate parts. Conforms to ASTM D5363 AN0331 (Mil-S-46163A, Type II, Grade O).
Suggested Applications: Assembly with air tools, cylinder block bolts, ring gear bolts, transmission shaft bolts
PERMATEX Permanent Strength Threadlocker RED is a
permanent high strength anaerobic threadlocking material,
which cures between engaged threads to form a unitized
assembly that helps resist leakage, shock and vibration. The
product is a single component, anaerobic liquid that cures
when confined in the absence of air between close fitting
metal surfaces. Ideal for all 3/8 inch to 1 inch diameter nut
and bolt assemblies where future disassembly is improbable.
Excellent chemical resistance and temperature range of -54°C
to +149°C (-65°F to +300°F). Meets or exceeds the
requirements of Military Specification Mil-S-46163A Type II,
Grade O. NSF White Book registered.
• Eliminates vibration issues
• Seals against leakage
• Prevents rusting of threads
• Cures without cracking or shrinking
• No mixing
• No curing outside of joint
• Thixotropic: resists dripping from threads during assembly
• No torque compensation required during assembly
Prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners.
Particularly suitable for applications such as:
• Heavy equipment bolts
• Suspension bolts
• Gear bolts
• Railroad assemblies
• Construction equipment
• Transmission shaft bolts
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean all threads (Bolt and Hole) with a cleaning solvent
such as Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner and allow to
2. Determine if the threads to be bonded are Active or
Inactive Metals (Ref: Cure Speed vs. Substrate on the
second page). If material is an Inactive Metal, spray all
threads with Permatex Surface Prep (24163) and allow 30
seconds to dry. Priming is not required if the material is an
Active Metal. If unknown, it’s always best to use the
3. Shake the product thoroughly before use.
4. To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not
allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
For Thru Holes, apply several drops of product onto the
bolt at the nut engagement area.
6. For Blind Holes, apply several drops down the female
threads into the bottom of the hole. As threads are
engaged, compressed air forces the product upwards into
7. Assemble and tighten as usual. When tightening to
established torque values, torque compensation is not
1. Residual liquid films and/or fillets outside the joint are
readily soluble in Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner.
2. Cured product can be removed with a combination of
soaking in Permatex Gasket Remover and mechanical
abrasion such as a wire brush.
1. Apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 232°C
(450°F). Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove loose product from nut and bolt.
2. Apply primer to all threads, regardless of metal type.
3. Assemble and tighten as usual.
|Permatex Permanent Strength Threadlocker RED Tds|