Permatex High Strength Threadlocker RED Gel
OEM specified. Gel formula provides “liquid-reliability” without drips, globs, mess or waste. Available in four convenient sizes, the 10G GEL TWIST™ pin-point applicator, the 5G GEL SQUEEZE™ applicator, the Professional Size 35G GEL TUBE, or the single-use pouch puts the Threadlocker right where you want it…on the part! High strength threadlocker for heavy-duty applications 3/8 inch to 1 inch (10mm to 25mm). Especially well-suited for permanently locking studs and press fits. Adds 3,000 PSI holding power on slip and press fit assemblies. Replaces set screws and snap rings. Locks against vibration loosening. May require heat or special tools for removal. Conforms to ASTM D5363 AN0221 (Mil-S-46163A, Type I, Grade K).
Suggested Applications: Cylinder block and rocker arm studs, ring gear bolts, frame bolts, shock absorber bolts; also ideal for vertical applications
Suggested Applications: Cap screws and mounting studs on differentials
PERMATEX High Strength Threadlocker RED Gel is a high
strength anaerobic threadlocking gel conveniently packaged in
a new Gel Twist or Gel Squeeze applicator. The product,
like its liquid counterpart, is a single component, anaerobic gel
that cures when confined in the absence of air between close
fitting metal surfaces, ideal for all 3/8 inch to 1 inch (10mm to
25mm) and greater diameter threaded assemblies. Excellent
chemical resistance and temperature resistance range of -65F
to +300F (-54C to +149C). The assembly may require the
use of heat to remove bolts. NSF Nonfood Components
Program Listed (P1) (135870).
• Eliminates vibration issues
• Seals against leakage
• Prevents rusting of threads
• Designed for use on vertical or hard-to-reach applications
• Cures without cracking or shrinking
• Adjusts or disassembles with hand tools
• No mess Gel Twist or Gel Squeeze applicator
• Gel-type product does not drip when applied
• Single component
• No curing outside of joint
• Thixotropic: resists dripping from threads during assembly
• No torque compensation required during assembly
Prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners.
Particularly suitable for applications such as:
• Transmission shaft bolts
• Cylinder block
• Rocker arm studs
• Ring gear bolts
• Fan hub bolts
• Shock absorber bolts
• Frame brackets
• Frame bolts
• Hydraulic press studs
• Suspension fasteners
• Large studs
• Heavy equipment bolts
• Gear bolts
• Railroad assemblies
• Construction equipment
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean all threads (bolt and hole) with a cleaning solvent such
as Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner and allow to dry.
2. Remove the translucent protective cap by pulling off at an
3. For Gel Twist turn the dial on the bottom of the container
until 1/8” to 1/4″ (3mm to 6mm) of material protrudes from the
top of the application tip. Note: First time use may require 4
to 5 full turns of the dial before material appears in the tip.
For Gel Squeeze, remove cap and squeeze 1/8” to 1/4″
(3mm to 6mm) of material beyond tip.
4. Apply threadlocker to the engagement area of the male fitting
(usually the leading 5 to 6 threads).
5. Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque.
6. If unused gel contacts metal threads, do not retract
threadlocker back into the tube. Wipe off with a clean towel.
7. Replace protective cap.
1. Residual liquid films and/or fillets outside the joint are readily
soluble in Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner.
2. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking
in Permatex Gasket Remover and mechanical abrasion
such as a wire brush.
1. Apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 450F
(232C). Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove loose product from nut and bolt following cleanup
2. Apply Surface Prep activator to all threads, regardless of
metal type and allow to dry.
3. Apply threadlocker gel as above.
4. Assemble and tighten as usual.
|Permatex High Strength Threadlocker RED Gel Tds|