Permatex MotoSeal 1 Ultimate Gasket Maker Grey
For two and four cycle engines. Solvent-based bond fully seals within 20 minutes. Forms a tough flexible bond that is highly effective on irregular and uneven joint surfaces. Resists gasoline and other damaging fluids. Withstands temperatures 350°F (177°C) continuous, 400°F (204°C) intermittent.
Suggested Applications: Transmission case halves, valve covers, center and end covers (transmissions), crank case halves, cam covers, timing chain cases, primary drives, side covers, and clutch housings.
Suggested Applications: Case halves, carburetor gaskets
Permatex MotoSeal 1 is a gray solvent based semi-drying
liquid gasket based on an elastomeric, synthetic rubber and
designed for excellent gap filling properties. It is designed for
use on motorcycles, personal watercrafts, snowmobiles and
all- terrain vehicles. MotoSeal 1 resists high temperatures
and performs well in a gasoline environment.
• Resistant to gasoline
• Resists high temperatures
• Performs well at low temperatures
• Effective on uneven joint surfaces
• Forms a tough flexible film
• Chemical resistant
• Cylinder head top covers
• Crank case halves
• Timing chain cases
• Cam covers
• Center and end covers (transmissions)
• Exhaust manifold seals
• Cylinder case halves
• Side covers
• Clutch housings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as a form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Gasket Remover is recommended for most
materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Apply a continuous bead of MotoSeal 1 to both
surfaces of the parts to be sealed.
4. Smooth material with a small brush.
5. Wait about one (1) minute then mate parts together.
6. Bolt parts together using specified torque values.
1. Clean up uncured MotoSeal 1 with acetone or lacquer
2. Cured material must be cleaned with Permatex Gasket
3. Clean hands with a dry cloth or Permatex Fast
Orange hand cleaner.
Chemical / Solvent Resistance
The product retains effective properties in contact with
automotive fluids, such as motor oil, gasoline, transmission
fluids, alcohol and antifreeze solutions
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex MotoSeal 1 Ultimate Gasket Maker Grey Tds|