Permatex High Temperature Sleeve Retainer
OEM specified. High temperature, up to 400ºF (204ºC), anaerobic adhesive that secures slip and press fit assemblies. Adds up to 3,000 PSI holding power. Restores fit to worn or out-of-tolerance assemblies. Prevents surface corrosion. Conforms to ASTM D5363 AN0411 (Mil-R-46082, Type II).
Suggested Applications: Cylinder sleeves, valve guides, valve seats, bearings and bushings, woodruff keys, and liner assemblies
Suggested Applications: Valve guides
Suggested Applications: Retaining bushings, cup plugs, gears, dowel pins, oil seals, ring gear bolts, differential lock pinswheel bearins, idler shafts, press fit bearings
Permatex High Temperature Sleeve Retainer is a one
component, solvent-free, fast curing, anaerobic
adhesive/sealant. It is a green colored liquid resin that
hardens and cures in the absence of air. Permatex High
Temperature Sleeve Retainer self-hardens into a tough plastic
material when it is confined between close-fitting metal parts.
The cured adhesive is a thermoset plastic suitable for
exposure to most solvents and engine fluids. OEM Specified.
Meets or exceed the requirements of Military Specification MilR-46082B, Type II.
No curing outside of joint
No on-torque adjustments needed
Restores fit to worn assemblies
Prevents fretting and corrosion
Allows the use of slip fit or press fit
For use on assemblies with gaps up to 0.007” diametral
Bearings and bushings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove any grease or oil by using Permatex Brake &
2. For slip fitted assemblies, apply adhesive around the
leading edge of the collar and use a rotating motion
3. For press fits, adhesive should be applied thoroughly to
both bond surfaces and assembled at high press-on
4. For shrink fitted assemblies, the adhesive should be
coated onto the pin; the collar should then be heated to
create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
5. For faster cure rates, use Permatex Surface Prep on
6. Parts should not be disturbed until sufficient handling
strength is achieved.
7. Any material that is on the outside of the assembly will
not cure. Wipe off with a dry cloth.
1. Residual liquid films outside the joints are readily soluble
in Permatex Brake & Parts Cleaner.
2. Cured product can be removed with a combination of
soaking in Permatex Gasket Remover and mechanical
abrasion such as a wire brush.
1. Apply localized heat to assembly to approximately 232C
(450F). Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove any loose product from the assembly.
2. Apply primer to mating parts.
3. Assemble as per directions.
|Permatex High Temperature Sleeve Retainer Tds|