Permatex Bearing Mountfor Close Fits
OEM specified. A low viscosity, rapid-curing anaerobic adhesive that augments the strength of press fit assemblies up to .005″ in diameter. Adds up to 3,000 PSI holding power. Conforms to ASTM D5363 AN0411 (Mil-R-46082, Type I).
Suggested Applications: Bushings, bearings, oil seals, ring gear bolts, and differential lock pins
Permatex Bearing Mount for Close Fits is a general purpose,
low viscosity, single component anaerobic retaining adhesive
for cylindrical joints. It is a green colored liquid resin, which
hardens and cures in the absence of air. Permatex Bearing
Mount for Close Fits self-hardens into a tough plastic material
when it is confined between close-fitting metal parts. The
cured adhesive is a thermoset plastic suitable for exposure to
most solvents and engine fluids. OEM Specified. Meets or
exceed the requirements of Military Specification Mil-R46082B, Type I.
• No mixing
• No curing outside of joint
• Prevents fretting and corrosion
• Allows the use of slip fit or press fit
• For use on assemblies with gaps up to 0.005” diametral
• Used to bond cylindrical fitting parts
• Oil seals
• Ring gear bolts
• Differential lock pin
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove any grease or oil by using Permatex Brake &
2. For slip fitted assemblies, apply adhesive around the
leading edge of the collar and use a rotating motion
3. For press fits, adhesive should be applied thoroughly to
both bond surfaces and assembled at high press-on
4. For shrink fitted assemblies, the adhesive should be
coated onto the pin; the collar should then be heated to
create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
5. For faster cure rates, use Permatex Surface Prep on
6. Parts should not be disturbed until sufficient handling
strength is achieved.
7. Any material that is on the outside of the assembly will
not cure. Wipe off with a dry cloth.
1. Residual liquid films outside the joints are readily soluble
in Permatex Brake & Parts Cleaner.
2. Cured product can be removed with a combination of
soaking in Permatex Gasket Remover and mechanical
abrasion such as a wire brush.
1. Apply localized heat to assembly to approximately 232C
(450F). Disassemble while hot.
1. Remove any loose product from the assembly.
2. Apply primer to mating parts.
3. Assemble as per directions.
|Permatex Bearing Mountfor Close Fits Tds|