Permatex Heavy Duty Radiator Cleaner
Removes rust and scale from automotive engines, radiators and water jackets. Cleans and unclogs steam cleaner coils and boiler tubes. Not for use in aluminum radiators.
Suggested Applications: Radiators, water jackets, industrial and maintenance applications.
Permatex Heavy Duty Radiator Cleaner is a green liquid with
a pungent odor. It is used to remove rust and scale from
clogged radiators and water jackets. The product works by
attacking carbonate and mineral deposits found in hard water.
For use in cooling systems over 8 quarts. NOTE: NOT for
use on ALUMINUM engines or cooling systems.
• Removes rust and scale
• Easy to use
• Automotive radiators
• Industrial – Engines, boilers, water cooled circulating
systems for air conditioners
• Marine engines – inboard and outboard
DIRECTIONS FOR USE (NOTE: Not recommended for use
aluminum engines or cooling systems.)
For Automotive radiators
1. Drain cooling system and heater. Flush radiator with
2. Fill with clean water. Add approximately 12 ounces (1/3
of the container) into the radiator.
3. Run the engine “hot” for 30 minutes. Do not let water
boil or drive the car. Drain the system.
4. Fill with clean coolant. NOTE: Cleaner may uncover
leaks sealed by rust.
For air conditioners with water cooled circulation
1. Introduce 1 quart of Permatex Heavy Duty Radiator
Cleaner into the circulation system. Run for 24 hours.
2. Fill with fresh water/coolant.
For marine applications
1. In closed system marine engines (inboard), cleaning can
be accomplished by circulating Permatex Heavy Duty
Radiator Cleaner once a year.
2. In open systems (outboard), the cleaning action can be
accomplished by circulating Permatex Heavy Duty
Radiator Cleaner using the water intake and exhaust
immersed into an ordinary 5 gallon pail.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected
for use with chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex Heavy Duty Radiator Cleaner Tds|