Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant
Low odor formula! General-purpose, black RTV indoor/outdoor sealant. Seals, bonds, repairs, mends and secures glass, metal, plastics, fabric, vinyl, weather stripping and vinyl tops. Protects and repairs electrical wiring. May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces. Waterproof and flexible. Temperature range -75°F to 450°F (-59°C to 232°C); resists water, weather, and vibration.
Suggested Applications: Door frames, electrical connections, seams and roofs, vinyl tops, weather stripping (Not recommended for engine gasket applications).
Suggested Applications: Windshields, hatches, electrical connections, seams and
roofs, vinyl tops, weather stripping
Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant is a general
purpose, single component, room temperature vulcanizing
(RTV) compound, designed for the sealing of mechanical
assemblies. Upon curing from exposure to moisture in the air,
this non-sagging paste forms a tough, flexible, waterproof seal
of silicone rubber, which resists aging, weathering and thermal
cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Note: Not
recommended for engine gasketing applications.
• Low odor formula
• Easy application
• Applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces
• Superior adhesion and flexibility
• Unaffected by vibration
Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant is an excellent all purpose adhesive/sealant for the following materials:
• Silicone resin
• Vulcanized silicone rubber
• Natural and synthetic fibers
• Painted surfaces
Bonds, seals, repairs, mends and secures:
• Weather stripping
• Door frames
• Vinyl tops
• Housings and covers
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16“ to 1/4“ in
diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most applications.
4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one
surface, as shown below:
6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
Secure or tighten as required, avoiding excessive
7. Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has
For Storage and Cleanup
1. Allow excess material to extend beyond the extension
nozzle to cure, sealing and protecting the remaining
product from moisture. For reuse, simply remove the
cured product from the tip.
2. Remove uncured product from parts and hand-tools with
a dry cloth, if skinned over, break film with a dry cloth to
remove as much as possible, and remove the remaining
material with Permatex Gasket Remover (not on
painted surfaces) as previously stated.
3. Clean hands with a dry cloth or Permatex Fast
Orange hand cleaner.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant cures on
exposure to moisture in the air. The product dries tack free in
1 hour and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with
temperature, humidity and gap.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant Tds|