Permatex Anaerobic Flange Sealant
Flexible, gasketing material for use on rigid machined flanges with less than .015″ gap. OEM approved use where OEs specify “anaerobic” gasket (cures in the absence of air). Withstands temperatures to 300°F (149°C). Eliminates preformed, pre-cut, paper, rubber and cork gaskets. Flexes with flanges that move in service.
Suggested Applications: Water pumps, thermostat housings, transmission pans, transmission case covers, engine cases, timing covers, and transaxle casings.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION S.I.N.: 834-300
Permatex Anaerobic Flange Sealant is a single component,
medium strength, thixotropic, anaerobic sealant that cures
rapidly. The product cures when confined in the absence of
air between close fitting metal flanges. It provides a tough,
resiliant, solvent and temperature resistant seal that flexes
with flange movement caused by vibration, pressurization or
• Seals all surface imperfections
• Seals most common automotive fluids
• No cracking or shrinking during cure
• Eliminates costly retorquing operations
• Single component system
• Non-corrosive to metal parts
Used as a form-in-place gasket for pumps, thermostats,
compressors, transmission housings, and axle covers.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Surfaces to be sealed should be free of grease, oil and
dirt. Use Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner to remove
oil. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove old
2. Apply manually to one side of flange, making sure a
continuous bead is applied.
3. Assemble parts.
4. Torque to normal specifications.
5. Parts may be returned to service in one hour.
1. Wipe off excess material with a clean cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange hand cleaner
or soap and water.
1. For smaller assembled parts, heat part to 400°F to
2. Use cautious, light prying or tapping motion to loosen the
parts. Repeat heating/prying sequence as needed.
3. For larger assembled parts use prying/cleaving tools in
combination with a light hammer and cautiously tap and
pry the sides of the part to break the gasketed surfaces
4. Once parts are disassembled, allow all surfaces to cool
to room temperature.
5. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove dried
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Cure Speed vs. Substrate
The rate of cure will depend on the substrate used. The graph
below shows the shear strength developed with time on grit
blasted steel lap shears compared to different materials and
tested according to ASTM D 1002.
There are no reviews yet.