Permatex OPTIMUM GREY Gasket Maker
OPTIMUM GREY combines maximum rigidity and maximum torque load and vibration resistance with extreme temperature resistance: -65°F to 700°F (-54°C to 371°C) intermittent, expanding uses and applications. Designed for max performance applications common in import & late model engines and component upgrades. It is sensor safe, low odor, and non-corrosive. The maximum rigidity and maximum torque load feature combination joined with outstanding resistance to oils, coolant, and shop fluids make OPTIMUM GREY one of the most versatile gasket makers available.
- Maximum Rigidity
- Maximum Torque Load & Vibration Resistance
- Sensor-Safe, Low Odor, Non-Corrosive
- High Temperature performance up to 700°F
OPTIMUM GREY Suggested Applications:
Valve Cover, Water Pump, Intake Manifold End Seals, Thermostat Housings
Permatex Optimum Grey is a single component, room
temperature vulcanizing gasketing compound designed to
provide reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets for mechanical
assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the
air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The
product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without
hardening, shrinking or cracking. Permatex Optimum Grey
is the most advanced high performance, high temperature (up
to 700F intermittent) RTV gasket available.
• High temperature resistance
• Sensor safe, non-corrosive
• Superior adhesion and flexibility
• Replaces most cut gaskets
• Improved oil resistance
• Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
• Non-flammable, Non-toxic
• Low odor
• Exhaust manifolds/headers
• Valve covers
• Oil pans
• Thermostat housings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Silicone Stripper or Gasket Remover is
recommended for most materials, not for plastics or
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16 “ to 1/4 “ in
diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one
surface, first tracing the internal areas of the gasket
configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown
6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
Secure or tighten to recommended torque specs.
7. Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has cured
For assembly as a gasket dressing
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as in previous section.
2. Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
3. Place the pre-cut gasket onto silicone film.
4. Apply a second thin film to pre-cut gasket surface.
5. Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately.
Note: Product is not recommended for use as a cylinder
head gasket or head gasket sealant.
Storage of Unused Product
1. Create a “Silicone Plug” by allowing excess material to
extend beyond the extension nozzle or aerosol tip to
cure, sealing and protecting the remaining product from
moisture. For reuse, simply remove the cured product
from the tip.
2. For PowerBead dispensers, you may store remaining
product using either the above “silicone plug” method or
using the included plastic cap.
1. Remove uncured product from parts and hand-tools with
Permatex® Fast Orange Wipes or Fast Orange® Hand
Cleaners. If skinned over, break film with a dry cloth to
remove as much as possible. Remove the remaining
material with Permatex Gasket Remover.
2. Clean hands with a dry cloth or Permatex Fast
Orange Hand Cleaner.
|Permatex OPTIMUM GREY Gasket Maker Tds|