Permatex Muffler & Tailpipe Putty
Permanently repairs holes and leaks in exhaust systems. Seals out fumes at temperatures up to 2000°F (1000°C). Safe for catalytic converters. 2-pouch bonus pack.
Suggested Applications: Mufflers, tailpipes, joints, and catalytic converters.
Permatex Muffler & Tailpipe Putty is a black sodium silicate
based sealer for mufflers and tailpipes that will resist high
• No mixing required
• Resists temperatures up to 2000F
• Easy to use
• Seals out exhaust gases
• Catalytic converters
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean area with wire brush or scraper.
2. Wet the area to be repaired with water.
3. Apply putty with a putty knife by pressing into hole. If
material has hardened in the container, moisten with
4. Start vehicles engine and allow to idle for 10 minutes to
assist in the drying process. Let the repair dry overnight
5. For large holes, reinforce the repair area with wire or
screen mesh before applying putty.
1. For any cleanup, use water before the material is
allowed to dry.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange hand
cleaner or soap and water.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Permatex Muffler & Tailpipe Putty cures by the evaporation of
water and further cures with heat. Full cure will be affected
after 24 hours of drying and driving at the maximum operation
|Permatex Muffler & Tailpipe Putty Tds|
There are no reviews yet.