Permatex The Right Stuff 90 Minute Gasket Maker – BLACK
The Right Stuff 90 Minute is the only gasket maker in a tube that can return a vehicle back to service quickly – just 90 minutes curing time! It outperforms pre-cut gaskets by providing superior adhesion to flanges with maximum flexibility. A premium professional grade gasket maker for today’s fast-paced professional garage and heavy DIY’er. Temperature range -65°F to 500°F Intermittent.
Compared to Permatex the Right Stuff GREY Gasket Maker, our BLACK formula offers higher oil resistance and greater flexibility.
PERMATEX The Right Stuff 90 Minute is a single
component, room temperature curing, elastomeric gasketing
compound designed to provide reliable “formed-in-place”
gaskets for mechanical assemblies. This “The Right Stuff®
spin-off” formula has been created for easy application from a
squeeze tube, while still maintaining blow-out resistance after
90 minutes. It has been formulated specifically as a
replacement for conventional cut gaskets where instant
sealability is advantageous. The product resists aging,
weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or
cracking. Designed for superior bonding properties to oil
contaminated metals as compared to other formed-in-place
gaskets, and maintains outstanding oil resistance.
90 Minute Seal
Parts assembled with PERMATEX The Right Stuff 90
Minute can be returned to service 90 minutes after application.
• Low viscosity allows for easy squeeze tube application
• Blow-out resistant after 90 minutes
• Replaces most cut gaskets
• Low odor and volatility
• Resistant to ATF/oil/coolant
• Consistent sealing
• Sensor safe
• Timing gear covers
• Transmission pans
• Valve covers
• Oil pans
• Water pumps
• Intake manifold end seals
• Stamped sheet metal covers
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as form-in-place gasket
1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
Permatex Silicone Stripper is recommended for most
2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16“ to 1/4“ in
diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
Remove cap, puncture tube seal and attach extension
5. Apply a continuous and even bead of The Right Stuff
90 Minute to one surface, first tracing the internal areas
of the gasket configuration, then all surrounding bolt
holes as shown below:
6. Assemble parts within 5 minutes while The Right Stuff
90 Minute is still wet. Secure or tighten to
recommended torque specs.
7. Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has
For assembly as a gasket dressing
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as in previous section.
2. Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
3. Place the pre-cut gasket onto silicone film.
4. Apply a second thin film to pre-cut gasket surface.
5. Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately
|Permatex The Right Stuff 90 Minute Gasket Maker Tds|