Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant
OEM specified. Locks and seals threaded fittings. Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids and diesel fuels. Lubricates threads for easy assembly and disassembly. Wont shred or wear like Teflon® tape. Parts may be repositioned up to 4 hours after application. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C). Contains PTFE.
Suggested Applications: Head bolts into through holes, oil PSI sending units and sensors, oil and coolant lines, fuel fittings, rear axle fill plug, brake, and power steering fittings
Suggested Applications: Differential drain plugs and core plugs. Pipe, water jacket, oil gallery plugs, oil pressure & temperature sensors, air conditioning fittings, hydraulic fittings, vacuum line connectiors, air brake fitting
Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant is a medium
strength anaerobic sealant with PTFE for tapered pipe threads.
This sealing compound is of a white, creamy paste
consistency. The high lubricating properties of this compound
prevents galling on pipe threads and fittings. It will provide
immediate low pressure sealing and allow for the readjustment
of fittings shortly after assembly. After 72 hours the joint is
sealed to pipe burst pressure. This product has a medium
solvent resistance and will withstand temperatures to 400F
(204C). This product is not recommended for use on
• Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic
fluids, diesel fuels.
• Lubricates threads for easy assembly and disassembly.
• Will not shred or wear like tapes.
• Parts may be repositioned for up to 24 hours after
• Head bolts into through holes
• Oil PSI sending units/sensors
• Oil and coolant lines
• Fuel fittings
• Rear axle fill plug
• Brake and power steering fittings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. For best performance, surfaces should be clean and free
2. Product should be applied to the thread engagement
area in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
3. Use accepted trade practices to assemble and wrenchtighten fittings until proper alignment is obtained.
4. Very large thread sizes may create large gaps, which will
affect cure speed and strength.
5. For maximum pressure and solvent resistance, allow at
least 24 hours for the product to fully cure before filling
and pressurizing system.
6. Fittings assembled with Permatex High Temperature
Thread Sealant may be disassembled with normal hand
7. For large pipe diameters (over 1″), heat may be required
to disassemble fittings.
8. Fittings may be reused by removing loose sealant
residue with a wire brush and reapplying sealant.
1. Wipe off any material outside the joint with a dry cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange® hand cleaner
or soap and water.
3. Cured material must be removed with Permatex Gasket
|Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant Tds|