Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant
Fast-drying all-purpose sealant dries to a highly tacky, non-brittle film. A reliable general adhesive remains tacky indefinitely can be applied in advance for convenience in assembly. Remains effective at temperatures of -65°F to 500°F (-54°C to 260°C). Sensor-safe. Resists gasoline, oil, antifreeze, axle lube, kerosene, propane and butane.
Suggested Applications: Valve covers, fuel pumps, carburetors, manifold gaskets; Spray-A-Gasket® seals all felt, cork, metal, paper, and rubber.
Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant is a red colored
viscous liquid with a characteristic solvent odor which is a
blend of elastomers and resins that is brushable and dries
quickly to a highly tacky film. It is designed to seal or bond
rubber, cork, felt, paper and metal gaskets. It seals threaded
hose connections, waterproofs and protects electrical
terminals and wiring
• Applies easily
• Fast drying
• Prevents seizing
• Assures correct gasket alignment
• Color coded for uniform application
• Allows easily disassembly
• Resists most automotive and industrial fluids
• Temperature Range – 65ºF to +500ºF
• Threaded connections
• Hose connections
• Waterproofing for electrical terminals, spark plugs and
• Rear axle assembly
• Tubeless tire beads
• Differential assemblies
• Filter line connections
• Terminal protector
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean surfaces to remove all dirt, oil, rust, paints and
dried sealants. Keep surfaces dry and free from mold
2. Using brush, apply a thin, even coat on both surfaces to
3. Allow to set until solvent has evaporated and film is dry.
4. Assemble parts. Precoat gaskets or bolts for
convenience in assembling.
5. Remove with lacquer thinner.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant Tds|