Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant
OEM specified. Formulated specifically for metal, tapered pipe thread fittings, it replaces Teflon® tape and pipe dopes. Cures rapidly to withstand up to 10,000 PSI. Prevents galling and protects mated threaded areas from rust and corrosion. Contains PTFE.
Suggested Applications: Stainless steel fittings, head bolts into through holes, oil PSI sending units/sensors, oil and coolant lines, intake manifold switches, rear axle fill plug, and fuel fittings.
Suggested Applications: Timing hole plug, oil hose fitting
Suggested Applications: Drain plugs, all tapered fittings
Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant is formulated for
fast, responsive curing on metal pipe threads and fittings. This
sealant is a smooth, white paste-like compound with PTFE
that controls lubricity to assist assembly and torque tightening.
Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant replaces tape or
pipe dopes. It cures rapidly to withstand 10,000 PSI within 24
hours. Prevents galling and protects mated threaded
surfaces from rust and corrosion. The product cures when
confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal
surfaces. This product is not recommended for use on
plastic piping. NSF White Book registered.
• Quick fixture time
• Prevents galling and corrosion
• Controlled strength
• Temperature and solvent resistance
• Immediate low pressure sealing
• Contains PTFE
Recommended for sealing metal tapered pipe threads and
fittings up to 5cm (2 inches) National Pipe Thread (NPT) for
industrial applications in the chemical processing, petroleum
refining, pulp/paper, waste treatment, textile, utilities/power
generation, marine, automotive, industrial equipment, gas
compression and distribution industries. It is also
recommended for industrial plant fluid power systems.
• Stainless steel fittings
• Head bolts into through holes
• Oil PSI sending units/sensors
• Fuel fittings
• Oil and coolant lines
• Hydraulic line fittings
• Brake fittings
• Transmission fluid fittings
• PTO fittings
• Air conditioning fittings
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. For best performance, surfaces should be clean and free
2. Product should be applied to the thread engagement
area in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
3. Use accepted trade practices to assemble and wrenchtighten fittings until proper alignment is obtained.
4. This product performs best in thin bond gaps.
5. Very large thread sizes may create large gaps, which will
affect cure speed and strength.
6. For maximum pressure and solvent resistance, allow at
least 24 hours for the product to fully cure before filling
and pressurizing system.
7. This product is designed to give controlled friction
(torque/tension ratio), during assembly.
1. Wipe off any material outside the joint with a dry cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange® hand cleaner
or soap and water.
3. Cured material must be removed with Permatex Gasket
|Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant Tds|