ScrewGlue™ Multi-Material is a unique formulation that allows you to connect screws and bolts of different materials together such as plastic to wood, metal to wood, plastic to fiberglass, metal to fiberglass and more. Many household projects combine different materials. That’s why this versatile formulation was specifically developed to be used for many applications around the home. An ideal product when repairing items with nylon or plastic bolts.
Use it on:
- Nylon, Plastic, Metal, or Wood Screws
- Plastic Furniture Screws
- Marine & Pool Equipment
- Sports Equipment
- Trim Panels
- Plastic Hardware
Permatex ScrewGlue Multi-Material is a medium strength,
fast curing adhesive designed to lock screws, nuts, and bolts
in place. This product is a single component, moisture-curing
liquid that forms an ideal bond for all 6mm to 25mm (1/4 inch
to 1 inch) diameter threaded assemblies. Permatex®
ScrewGlue Multi-Material excels at sealing plastic, wood, and
metal threads for both interior and exterior applications.
• Bonds dissimilar materials such as metal, wood, and
• Forms lasting bond that resists heat, vibration, and
• Seals threads to resist rust and leaks
• Increases holding power of screws, nuts, and bolts
• Cures without cracking or shrinking
• Single component
• No mess squeeze tube applicator
• Low viscosity, yet resists dripping during assembly
• No torque compensation required during assembly
Prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners.
Particularly suitable for screws and holes such as:
• Door knobs
• Cabinet handles
• Interior and exterior furniture
• TV and photo mounts
• Drywall anchors
• Kitchen utensils
• Kids toys
• Sports equipment
• Marine vehicles
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean all threads (bolt and hole) with a cleaning solvent
such as rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone)
and allow to dry.
2. Shake ScrewGlue thoroughly before use.
3. For Through Holes, apply 2-3 drops of ScrewGlue onto
the engagement area (usually 5-6 threads) of the screw or
For Blind Holes, apply by dripping several drops of
ScrewGlue onto the female threads of the hole. As
threads are engaged, compressed air forces the product
upwards into the threads.
4. Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque.
5. Wipe away any bleed-out or spills with a clean cloth and
small amount of cleaning solvent if necessary.
PROPERTIES OF UNCURED MATERIAL
Chemical Type Cyanoacrylate
Appearance Blue Liquid
Specific Gravity, g/ml 1.06
Viscosity @ 25C, (cP) 1500-2000
Flash Point (TCC), F (C) 185 (85)
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
PermatexPlastic Threadlocker cures on exposure to
humidity. The rate of cure will depend on the ambient
temperature. Fixture time is 1-2 minutes and full cure is within
in 24 hours at room temperature, 72F (22C).
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
|ScrewGlue Multi-Material Tds|