Permatex Rust Treatment
Provides one-step treatment that destroys old rust and prevents new rust. Just brush or spray on. Within minutes, rust is replaced by a durable black polymer coating that may be painted. Excellent protective primer. Specially formulated to be used with body filler and fiberglass. Can be used when temperature is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C) and on surfaces which do not exceed 200°F (93°C).
Suggested Applications: Encapsulates rust on automotive applications; trucks, trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, fences, guard rails, bulkheads, overheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine paint), agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, and snow removal equipment.
Suggested Applications: Destroys rust on all truck applications; trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.
Suggested Applications: Destroys rust on trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, bulkheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine equipment, plows, tractor)
Permatex Rust Treatment is a fast drying milky white latex
coating that is applied to rusted metal to stop rust, protect the
surface and act as a primer for the finish coat.
• Kills old rust – prevents new rust
• No sandblasting – simply wire brush to remove loose rust,
clean off any oil, dirt or grease and brush on Permatex
• Works on damp rusty metal
• Converts and primes in one operation
• Changes from a white liquid to a tough, black coating in
the presence of iron oxides
• Safe, non-flammable, low toxicity
• Destroys rust on all automotive applications
• Trucks, trailers, storage tanks
• Pipes, valves, fittings in refineries, tankers, power plants,
domestic and commercial heating/cooling plants
• Fences, guard rails, conveyors, supports
• Overhead cranes, booms, floor grating, duct work
• Outdoor advertising sign supports/frames, municipal and
highway sign posts and frames
• Bulkheads, overheads, decks, hatch covers, stacks on
ships (topcoat with appropriate marine paint)
• Agricultural equipment, harvesters, plows, discs, tractors,
corn pickers, etc.
• Snow removal equipment in highway department
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove oil grease and dirt.
2. Wire brush surface to remove loose rust, mill scale and
3. Rinse with water to remove powder and solubles.
NOTE: Light rust should be firmly bonded to the surface
of the metal and not easily removed by wiping.
Rust Treatment will easily convert properly prepared
bare metal surfaces.
5. Mix thoroughly before using.
6. Pour into a clean container for easy application by
brushing or apply directly to surface and brush out.
7. Brush, roll or sponge on liberally. Spray application is
recommended for large areas. Airless spray equipment
is faster and provides more effective conversion due to
improved surface penetration. Conventional air-spray
equipment may be used, but Rust Treatment may
require thinning up to 10% with water for proper
|Permatex Rust Treatment Tds|