Permatex Gasket Remover – Low VOC Formula
This low VOC formulation combines powerful gasket remover strength with an innovative delivery system. Its fast-foaming action penetrates the most stubborn or baked-on gaskets in 15-20 minutes. The built-in brush-tip was designed for easy application and allows for scrubbing on intricate surfaces. This product is NOT recommended for use on silicone gaskets.
Suggested Applications: Removes solvent-based gasketing and gasket sealant products including all Permatex Form-A-Gasket , Spray-A-Gasket, Indian Head, High Tack Gasket Sealants and Dressings, and residual gasket material.
Suggested Applications: Engine valve connectors, oil pan covers
Permatex Gasket Remover is an aerosol product designed to
remove gaskets and gasket residue from any type of metal or
plastic housing. The product will also remove chemical
formed-in-place gaskets. The Permatex Gasket Remover is
a safe alternative to the harsh, chlorinated and brominated
solvents found in many of today’s standard gasket removing
NOTE: This product is not recommended for use on silicone
• A safe alternative to chlorinated and brominated solvents
• Non-chlorinated, non-brominated
• Built in brush top to easily apply to gasket residues
• Penetrates and cleans intricate shapes
• Will not run, even on vertical surfaces
• Eliminates excessive scraping and potential damage to
• Saves time and labor
• Removes baked-on gaskets and gasket cements
• Removes formed-in-place gaskets
• Removes gaskets from aluminum without scraping
• Removes gaskets from small, difficult to reach areas
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Provide adequate ventilation.
2. Protect painted and non-metal surfaces from overspray.
The product will remove paint.
3. Shake can well. For best results, the aerosol can
should be at room temperature before spraying.
4. Apply Gasket Remover by depressing pad to angle
brush. Using brush, spread Gasket remover over
5. Allow to set for at least 15 minutes (for anaerobic
gaskets, allow to set for 20 to 30 minutes). Remove
dissolved gasket with a plastic scraper and rags. Reapply if necessary.
6. Prep flange for new gasket by cleaning with Permatex
Brake and Parts Cleaner.
1. Clean hands with Permatex brand hand cleaners.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems.
|Permatex Gasket Remover – Low VOC Formula Tds|